Monday, August 29, 2016

Alicia Keys Continues Her Makeup-Free Movement at the VMAs

Picture this: Kim Kardashian in minimal clothing. Well, nothing new there, right? Kanye West in a T-shirt, doesn’t surprise anybody, wouldn’t you agree? Ariana Grande wearing a high ponytail is a look we’ve come to expect on the MTV VMA white carpet. But what we didn’t expect? A star without a single visible stitch of makeup, which is exactly what Alicia Keys stepped in front of the spotlights without to present the award for best male video.

The star first made her makeup-free red carpet debut at the BET Awards, when her makeup artist Dotti Streeters shared a photo of the star, writing “#nomakeupmakeup”. Taking her bare-faced look one step further last week, she appeared on a season preview of The Voice totally slap-free.

Before hitting the carpet, the singer shared a photo of herself and husband Swizz Beatz, writing, “We ready… #VMAs.”

And according to the essay that she penned for Lenny earlier this summer, it’s a look that she plans on sticking to for a while. “I hope to God it’s a revolution,” Keys wrote about her makeup-free mantra. “‘Coz I don’t want to cover up anymore. Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing.”

I certainly think she doesn’t look like the same person at all. Unimaginable how makeup can change looks, without which in the end you cannot live without. Not too sure, however, that this will create a “revolution.” She’ll get away with it AND generate the headlines in the bucket loads, but I find it hard to see the average girl even getting noticed. So I think makeup it is, full speed ahead, regardless of how much Alicia Keys parades herself bare-faced in public. What do YOU think of Keys’ makeup-free movement?



Anthony J Namata
Blockbuster Articles

No comments:

Post a Comment