Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How to Sharpen Your Proofreading Skills by Helping Other Writers

This may sound a little cliche, but the more you subject yourself to helping other people the better you become at whatever it is you're doing. In this extended tweet I am going to show you how by helping other writers proofread their work not only will you become a better proofreader, you will become a better writer.

I went to creative writing school, so obviously I am a trained writer. However, that said, it is when I began to proofread articles for other writers that I really began to see major improvements in my own work as a writer. So much so, in fact, that I was compelled to rewrite a novel I had already completed. That's how powerful helping others has been for me. The more I proofread the better writer and proofreader I became.

Anthony J. Namata is editor at PuffRead.com, a community of readers and writers working together to make this world more readable. Submit your articles for FREE proofreading, or volunteer to help others proofread their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment